As the Night Auditor at Isla Bella Beach Resort you may not be the first person most guests meet, but you often get to leave a lasting impression during their early morning check out. In this role you review the prior day's books, looking for anything unusual, and ensuring that as the sun rises, all records are accurate.
Department: Front Desk
Position: Night Audit
Report To: Front Desk Manager
As the Night Auditor at Isla Bella Beach Resort you may not be the first person most guests meet, but you often get to leave a lasting impression during their early morning check out. In this role you review the prior day's books, looking for anything unusual, and ensuring that as the sun rises, all records are accurate. As Night Auditor, you will
- Be Accountable -- your job is to ensure all aspects of the hotel's records of the prior days operations are processed timely and accurately recorded. This data then becomes a tool for management the next day so accuracy is key!
- Make a Great Last Impression -- while checking the guest out, inquire about their stay and let them know you really care so if they had a problem or complaint, they share it with you. Be courteous at all times.
- Make a Great First Impression -- if someone is checking in on your shift, chances are they are pretty tired as most guests are already asleep. Help them get settled in quickly and efficiently.
- Be Helpful -- you are the person who guests will turn to for help or with questions during the overnight shift. Do your best to meet and exceed their expectations with your answers.
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and call management as needed. It is possible that at your hotel you are the "manager on duty" during the overnight hours and if so, take this role very seriously.
This role requires good verbal and written English communication skills, with experience in a hotel or related field preferred. An accounting background is also preferred but not required although a strong, accurate attention to detail is necessary. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have front office software proficiency. This job requires light work -- exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently with a regular need to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. From time to time you may need to assist with luggage which may require you to exert force of up to 50 pounds of force. Long overnight hours (11pm - 7:30am), many of which may be spent standing, as well as the ability to work independently essential.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.